What to do
The Fernleigh Track!
What to do in Newcastle when it has 3 great bike hire locations
- The Fernleigh Track shared pathway along an old railway line. Start at Kotara. 10/150 Park Ave, Kotara NSW 2289
- Warners bay. At The foreshore Park opposite the shops. The bike path is right there so start exploring Lake Macquarie by bike.
- Swansea Heads/Channel. Right on the beautiful Swansea Bike path. Located just inside the Swansea Lakeside Holiday Park
Free Helmets and Bike locks nearby the station
Things to do in Newcastle – on a bike. The Fernleigh Track starts at Kotara, where the bike station is ready to go every day.
Get up close and personal to nature and the environment, plus it’s a fun healthy way to spend time with loved ones
The Fernleigh Track is an attractive and popular cycling path, created along the route of a former rail corridor in the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie.
It provides a lovely safe bike path through a bushland setting with links along the way to adjoining residential communities. The track is a popular facility, used for both localised commuting and recreational purposes.
The 15km shared pathway from Adamstown/ Kotara to Belmont is fantastic for cycling.
- Provides a peaceful and scenic cycling track, through beautiful bushland and wetland areas
- It has easy grades for people of all fitness levels
- The Fernleigh Tunnel is the connection point between Lake Macquarie and Newcastle and it even appears in a few television commercials
Former stations and heritage railway relics are visible from the Track.